Saturday 25 February 2012

My Birthday Bash!

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement on my birthday. I have heard rumour that many of you left sweet messages for me on Facebook and I look forward to reading them upon my return.

In the meantime, I wanted to let you in on a bit of a sneak peak of my birthday celebration. I had a lovely day...it really was a wonderful birthday. I woke up to the sound of Eiley stirring in her bed around 6:30 am and my sweet hubby let me stay in bed and sleep until about 9 when I was awoken by a wee princess wearing a party hat and it was the best! Eiley and Tanner are the best gifts I could ever ask for. I came downstairs to a lovely surprise. Tanner, with Eiley's help, decorated the dining room and had breakfast prepared for me :) It was so sweet and Eiley was just smiling from ear to ear (as you will see in the photos below). It was beautiful weather...not too cold and the sun was indeed shining. That doesn't happen too often here in N. Ireland so we decided to make the most of it. We packed up Eiley's diaper bag, loaded up the stroller with goodies to be away for the day and we headed out for an adventure. We took the train just a few stops into town and spent the day walking around a shopping centre/strip mall. We had a lovely lunch and I even got a Starbucks coffee. Also, Tanner was so kind to let me pick out a FABULOUS bag at TJ Maxx (or TK Maxx as it is called here) for Eiley to use as her carry-on when we move back home in May.

While I missed my friends and family back home, I felt very loved and so special to spend the day with my sweet hubby and amazing daughter. I heard from all my family back home...they are so sweet to stop during their busy days to wish me a happy birthday from across the pond. My heart is full and I feel rejuvenated to hit school hard this week...I have two essays due March 5th and would covet your prayers.

Many blessings and enjoy the photos...Emily








3 comments:

  1. So sweet... I few up with your mom in Springfield......

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute surprise. Happy birthday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet!!! She is the cutest little thing ever!

    ReplyDelete