Thursday 26 May 2016

Being in those little teachable moments

About one month ago, I had a really exciting conversation . . . one of those chats where you leave and feel a little extra pep in your step.  It revolved around the topic of creating inspiring and helpful resources for parents raising their children in the Christian tradition in the 21st century.  Transmitting our faith to our children seems a daunting task, but I suspect our parents probably thought that same thing, and our grandparents before them.  And so, we begin with one step at a time, with one prayer at a time.  

As a result of that exciting conversation a little over a month ago, I was honored and asked to begin guest blogging for JellyTelly - a Christian parenting resource.  I am so grateful for this opportunity, and today my first post went live with JellyTelly.  

Here's a little preview: 
I don’t know about you, but so many times I find myself overwhelmed at all that parenting entails. Not only am I in charge of meeting my three children’s most basic needs, but my husband and I are responsible for their emotional and spiritual development. I often feel like I am too young to be making all these “grown up decisions.”

The spiritual formation of our children is a profound gift and responsibility with which we, as parents, have been entrusted. We are given the opportunity to introduce our children to the gospel narrative - to watch it take root, transform, and inspire their own lives. But to be honest with you, a lot of the time I feel like I am blowing it.
Are you liking it so far?  I hope so!  Click Here if you are interested to read more. 

1 comment:

  1. As I've tried to encourage other momma's, I've often spoke of Deuteronomy 6-ing it! "Back in the day" godly mommas and daddies didn't have Bibles and devotionals...they talked about God! When they were home, when they were out. Trying to force a family devo time or unrealistic Bible study minutes can cause more stress and less learning/teaching (but hey, if your people respond well to devo times, DO IT...I sure would!). I love that Jesus made His yoke easy and His burden light...and that He made Himself accessible in every area of life. I do so hope my kiddos will receive Him in these life moments so that they may offer Him all the more!

    ReplyDelete